Wednesday, April 17, 2013

March 2013

March seemed to fly by, but time seems to do that, even more so, now that we have a little one. Here are the highlights for the Crawfords from March:

  • At 6 weeks, Evan discovered his hands. More specifically his thumbs and we now officially have a thumb sucker. For the time being, it's a life saver because he started self soothing much better and likes to fall asleep this way.

  • Nana and Grandpa Wantuck came for a visit in early March. It was great to have some help. Evan loves seeing them and especially loves napping on Grandpa.

  • Eric and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary. It's hard to believe it's been 3 years since that great day at Notre Dame, so much has happened. We did make it out to celebrate at Gene and Georgetti's, an old steakhouse in downtown Chicago. We had the good fortune of Chris and Allison Borgmeyer (Andy's sister and brother-in-law), suggesting we use their nanny, Yvonne for babysitting. She was delightful and we were so lucky for this find. We were only out for two and a half hours before we were exhausted and headed back home. Life with a newborn!

  • Evan had his 8 week or 2 month MD visit. He got two shots with vaccines and also had to have some blood drawn to check to see if he was jaundice. He was a trooper and I think it was more traumatic for me than it was for him. Results came back clear, no jaundice. I think I might have Eric come with us for the 4 month visit.

  • I joined a new mom's group at Northwestern. It was nice because I could take Evan with me and they had some volunteers their to watch all of the babies, while the Mom's talked in the next room. It was great to meet some other new Moms and talk about all of the changes I was going through. It also gave us a reason to visit Uncle Steve every week. We made an outing of it and grabbed lunch with him every Monday.

  • I also started a new mom's workout class. It is two days a week and also allows me to bring Evan along. It's a really great for trying to get those core muscles back in shape. For the very first class, Evan and I took his first trip on the L to get there. I'm not much of a rider, but in the middle of the day, it worked out just fine. It was a little cold, but he slept most of the time.
Friends gathering at the Spiegels.

  • We also took our first trip out of the city with Evan. Eric, Steve, Evan and I headed to Indianapolis for Easter. We left Thursday night and Evan was so good on the trip down, he slept the whole way! It was so great to be home and get a chance to see family and friends. Jackson got to meet Evan for the first time and it was such a neat thing to experience. 

  • Eric's been hard at work as usual and had to take several  overnight trips away. We managed just fine on Mohawk St, but miss him when he's gone.



    Jackson being a great big cousin and holding Evan
    Jackson doing his serious face!


    Evan's first Easter


    Nana and Grandpa Wantuck with Jackson and Evan
    Uncle Andy, Aunt Jen and Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment