May 7: Evan rolled over today!! I was so happy I was there to see it. He was lying on his tummy and then just woop...rolled onto his back. He was surprised at first, but then I clapped and smiled saying, "Yay Evan" and he started smiling and laughing. It's amazing how such a little thing can be so joyful.
May 12: My first Mother's Day as a Mother. Very hectic, but a houseful of people felt good as we celebrated Evan's baptism with family. Marina, David and Uncle Nando flew in. Great Aunt Marcia and Judy took the train over from South Bend. Mom, Dad, and Aunt Jenn were here as well as Uncle Steve and his friend Claudia. Uncle Andy and Jackson couldn't make it, as Jackson has been having a rough time getting good sleep. We missed them! Eric gave me a lovely card and bought me the Notre Dame yoga jacket that I had wanted for Christmas, but they were sold out of.
5 soundbites from the week of 5/13:
- Playdate with Julia and her mom Christie at Oz park, both babies doing tummy time together was so sweet.
- 2 good workouts with Biceps, Babies and Buggies this week. Trying to get back to fitness for me!
- Finally having the windows open and some fresh air pouring into the house. It seems like it is finally Spring/early Summer in Chicago.
- Playing on the back porch with Evan in the afternoon. It's shaded and cool and we both like being outside. We bring his puppy pillow from Grandma Lynne out and a blanket and he likes to look at his giraffe toy that rattles.
- Evan is now sucking on his toes! Such flexibility and he really loves putting everything in his mouth now. It's kind of amazing to see, but he gets a little camera shy, so I haven't caught a picture of it yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment