April
In the last week (week 13) Evan has started to hold things and started to grab things. He is enjoying tummy time for longer periods and when we put him over the Boppy, sometimes he likes to push himself forward. This week (week 14) I've started playing phonics with him and he seems to really like when I say guh, guh, guh....great or goat. It also makes me come up with a lot of 'g' words very quickly. We are working through the alphabet.
This month I had my last day at MJN as a marketing manager and told my co-workers good-bye. It was bittersweet as I really enjoyed my working relationships and the role that I was now enjoying. But we decided that my being home with Evan was an important role too and we have now made that the priority. It's definitely not for everyone, I firmly believe everyone has to make the best decision for their family. (Judgement free zone) It also comes with some trade offs and choices
We had a friends wedding that we were able to attend thanks to Mom, Jen and Jackson coming to visit. Along with the help of Steve and his friend Claudia we were gone for 12 hours! I'm glad we didn't end up spending the night, because I think it would have been too long away for me. There was some adventuresome pumping that occurred in the car in various parking lots, but was totally worth it. Eric and I got to celebrate our friends nuptials and had some great couple time together. We got in a dance or two before we skid-addled home. Congratulations again to Megan and Brian! There is something about going to a wedding that I just love and that makes you remember all of those special things about your wedding day and marriage.
We've been taking our jogging stroller for a spin on the weekends and having some nice family walks, something I look forward to doing more of!
No comments:
Post a Comment