This week, I feel like it might be possible for me to try to do this once a week, so while I'm feeling optimistic, here we go! I've been thinking a lot about the internet and how connected we all are to one another and yet how unreal those interactions can be, at times. We tell the world of all the fun and good stuff, but isn't that really only about 20% of the time? The rest I feel is the "real" stuff, the actual life stuff and I think it's important to share that too.
The Good and Fun
We had Evan's 6 month wellness check this week. He is Mr. Tall at 27" and a bit of a lightweight at 14lbs 14 oz. Some of you know that his weight has been a bit of an issue over the last few months, as he dropped in percentiles. We've decided we are going to take him to a GI specialist, just to be safe and make sure nothing else is going on. Other than that, he is a healthy and happy little boy, who will very shortly need his teeth brushed. Those two bottom front teeth are ready to make their debut!
More working out for me this week, making my BBB class both Mon and Wed. Wed there was a picnic afterwards and it's nice to sit and chat with a few other Moms and let the kids roll around. I also got in another solo run on Sat morning. It is truly amazing how great it feels to have that time to myself. To not be thinking about anything and just moving
We had a nice leisurely weekend in Chicago. An old coworker and I strolled with Evan to a nearby park. It was a very popular place for the kiddos on Sat morning. Evan got to go on the swings which he really likes. He laughs a lot, sometimes it seems to be at my funny faces and noises, but I think it's the swinging too. The gummy laugh is so cute! We also got to catch up with some great friends at a yummy brunch on Sunday morning. I LOVE breakfast food! And the great company. These are some of our hip friends and I really miss the long evening dinners with great conversation and maybe a bit too much wine. Evan was really well behaved, so this was non-stressful for me.
The Real and Maybe Not So Good
Evan isn't sleeping that great, I think we are finally getting close to 1-2 wake ups a night. It's killer to be so tired and as a new Mom and Dad, really hard to decide how to best help our son sleep. I don't want to start a big debate on parenting techniques and dogmas, but it's tough to know how to respond or not to respond. What helps me the most is making sure I have a plan for him prior to my head hitting my pillow. If I don't and I hear that cry or thuds against the crib (my son is a huge kicker!), I can go into a straight panic.
Remember how when you first put your baby into a bathtub you are wanting them to feel and experience the water and it's so sweet and splishy, splash and what not. When did that turn into I'm splashing water all over the bathroom?! Tonight I ended up so very wet, water in my hair, in my eyes...Oh Evan. And we are still using the little whale tub, I don't know what it will be like when he can finally sit up and be in the actual tub.
Packing for family vacation needs to begin. I hate packing, even when it's for something very fun. I pack like a Scout and feel that I need to be prepared for any situation. Thus, most always packing way too much. And now I carry out this same craziness with my son's clothes. Since I dislike it so much, I also usually procrastinate and leave it until the night before. You would think I might change my ways...still waiting for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment