Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Officially Fall

With Labor Day having come and gone, I suppose it is now officially fall. Although, Evan and I aren't too sure, as the temps are reaching 90 degrees here today and there are several heat index advisories. I think we'll keep it indoors for most of today.

A big change to our schedule has occurred, now that my summer workout class has ended. I really enjoyed the Biceps, Babies and Buggies class. I met a lot of new moms, Evan was able to interact a bit with other babies and it really helped push me back into shape. I'm so pleased that I have lost all of my baby weight and then some. It feels good to be active and strong again. One of my goals before the end of the year is do a 5K. I'm hoping by writing it down and telling whomever is reading, it will help me to make it a priority.

We hope to have a few play dates and keep up with several of the other moms that I met through the class.

Fall means finally ND football is back! I always thought I was a big ND fan, but Eric has made it take on a whole new meaning. He is thrilled! We decided to take a quick journey over to South Bend for the home opener. We didn't have tickets, but several of our friends did, so we went to see them. Thanks to Kacy and Chris for their awesome, child friendly tailgate. We also caught up with Courtney and Jim and finally met their two kiddos, Taylor (3) and Alex (1). It was a lot of fun to see the kids interact and also marvel at how much had changed in the 5 years since we graduated.
Evan, Taylor (pigtails) and Alex

Courtney Giel, Myself and Kacy Couchman 


This past weekend we celebrated Steve's birthday. 29 years young! I attempted to make him a birthday cake. I guess I feel like it's something a Mom should know how to do. Needless to say, it's been quite a few years. It's not pretty, but we all agreed it was tasty! Too bad the Irish could not deliver a win to him as well. It also gave me an excuse to buy this lovely cake stand, which I do think makes the cake look about 10x better.
So, it might look like two donuts...they were yummy donuts!

We received the photos from the photographer that we had take some family photos on our vacation. It was a really fun shoot, especially with Evan and Jackson.  Oh, and the crazy wind on the beach! We decided to do this as a gift for my parents, who celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this August. I think the only other time we have done this is for weddings or the parish directory. There were lots of great ones, here are just a few. Love our family!






And finally, we have a crawler! Evan is off and moving, as of Sunday. Hand over hand, knee over knee. He's not too fast yet, thank heavens! We've done some baby-proofing, but need to get to the rest of it, most quickly. Gates and play yards have been ordered! (Hmm, I have a video, but can't seem to get it to load, I'll have to work on that!)


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Sahmmy, I'm just figuring this out, but I deleted your comment. Oops!

      Delete
  2. No prob! I don't know how to do much at all so don't worry.
    I need to figure out how to make replies to comments go to my email account, you know?

    ReplyDelete