Saturday, October 26, 2013

October has been grand

We started out the month with our good friends' wedding in Nappanee, IN. It was the first time that we left Evan overnight and we did it for TWO nights in a row! I'm glad I was so busy getting ready for the weekend, that I didn't really have time to think about being away from him for so long. We were lucky that Nana, Grandpa and Aunt Jen were willing to come to Chicago to take care of Evan for us. We were able to catch up with a good group of ND friends for a weekend of food, fun and riveting conversations. And some lovely nuptials! It is hard to believe that it's been 5 years since we graduated.  Getting together, we get right back to our passionate and spirited discussions and it seems like we just left Mendoza. Eric and I really enjoyed the time away and a whole night of sleep! Evan did really well and I don't think he missed us much at all.

Kacy and Chris, the happy couple

Selfie, at the end of the night, because we forgot to take one earlier
So ya know that sleep I mentioned, well we have been struggling a bit over here. More precisely, Evan and I, Eric curiously doesn't seem to hear things at night, but I hear this isn't too unusual of new Dads. Evan is still waking at night for a feeding and then usually one other time. I know he is working hard to put himself back to sleep, but he is just not quite there. I never knew I would be able to function for 6 months without sleeping more than 4 hours at a stretch, but...surprise...I can. We are putting a plan in place to diminish the night wakings, but it is very challenging to know the best way to go about it. What I have realized is that we have to make a decision based on what will work best for us. And so we are.

We found ourselves heading back to South Bend later in Oct, for the coveted ND vs. USC football game. We joined Mom and Dad on campus around noon. Although it was a chilly day, we were lucky that the rain mostly held off and we got to see a victory over USC at home. It had been awhile...2001. It was a looong day, but our sitter didn't mind. Evan and Uncle Steve had some great QT, but I'm not sure  Uncle Steve will volunteer for a whole day so quickly again.

Me, Mom and Dad

Warming up!



Where is our son??
Onward to victory, Love Thee Notre Dame!

No comments:

Post a Comment