Monday, October 28, 2013

Evan's Song

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not the one who normally volunteers to belt out a tune. But when Evan was little, I started singing to him and he seems to actually enjoy it and find it relaxing. I do some of the old stand-bys: 'If your happy and you know it', 'Row, row, row your boat' and 'The wheels on the bus'. WOTB has saved us on a car ride or two (stuck in horrible stand still traffic in Chicago). However my favorite and I think Evan's too, is my original ditty, sung to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. I keep adding lyrics as he grows and changes, learns new skills or I want to encourage new skills...notice the emphasis on sleep right now.

Evan, Evan is from heaven
Mommy loves him, Yes she does
He is growing everyday
He is learning how to play

(Refrain)
Evan, Evan is from heaven
Mommy loves him, Yes she does

He is using his mind
He is learning to be kind

Refrain

He is learning how to sleep
Closing his eyes and not making a peep

Refrain

He is wonderful to me
He is busy as a bee

Refrain

(Right before nap or bedtime)
Now it's time to lie in bed, close your eyes
Rest your head (Repeat many times!)

Look how lack of sleep has allowed my creative juices to flow! :-) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment