I'm a bit behind, but I find it challenging sometimes with all of the ways we take pictures today, to compile them all in one place, in order to post to this here blog. Eric's phone, my phone and then what if I actually use the camera...who does that anymore?
We had a terrific Halloween this year. It's not my favorite holiday, I don't really like dressing up and luckily I married someone who doesn't really get into it either. I wouldn't say we are against it, just more of a neutral. I do think it's strange how decorating for Halloween, at least in our neighborhood, has greater participation than Christmas, something I ponder about with all the spiders, skulls, witches and monsters staring at us as we take our walks.
So what was our little Evan this year....a tiger or maybe Tigger to be more precise. Thanks Aunt Jen and Jackson for letting us borrow this great costume.
 |
Evan and Mommy, yes Tigger has blue feet!
|
Even though it was a bit chilly on the Saturday, before Halloween (which is when all of our festivities were) we headed to the Lincoln Park Zoo for Spooky Zoo Spectacular. This is a full-on Trick or Treating at the zoo. I'm very glad we went this year to check it out and that our E does not eat candy yet. This is a popular event, with very long lines for candy, throughout the zoo. The lines do take you past lots of animals, who were out and about, to entertain everyone in their costumes. Luckily we got to stroll at our leisure and see a lot of the animals, who in the summer, had been hiding.
 |
| Evan's 1st Halloween- with Mommy |
 |
Best dressed Dad at LP zoo goes to Eric! Evan's 1st Halloween -with Daddy
|
On Sunday, we were invited to our friends Mike and and Christie's house for a Halloween party. Evan and I have been meeting Christie and her daughter, Julia, for play-dates throughout the year. There were lots of other parents and children there. I think it was a bit overwhelming for Evan at times, but then again, I was pretty tuckered out afterwards too. A lot of fun, noise, new people and costumes, can be a bit confusing for all of us!
 |
This was the part where all of us tried to pose our kids all together for one photo...Good plan parents!
|
 |
A little blurry, but this is when I got crafty and made pumpkin dip and put it in a pumpkin bowl (an actual pumpkin!)...Martha Stewart, look out! |
And last, but not least, to round out our Halloween fun this year; my mummy pumpkin. I saw this in a magazine and thought, "What the heck?! I can try that!" You were supposed to use a larger, white pumpkin, but I still liked it small and orange.
 |
| Happy Halloween from the Crawfords! |
No comments:
Post a Comment